The websites listed below were created to help educators, students and community understand the redesign of education as per Act 77 and the Vermont Education Quality Standards. All of these websites have helpful resources describing proficiency-based education, personalized learning plans(PLPs) and multiple pathways. Some of the websites include samples and exemplars to view.
- Great Schools Partnership: The Great Schools Partnership is a nonprofit school-support organization working to redesign public education and improve learning for all students.
- New England Secondary School Consortium: Vermont is a member of the New England Secondary Schools Consortium which hosts the League of Innovative Schools. Twinfield was accepted into the League of Innovative Schools in 2013.
- Nellie Mae Education Foundation Newsletter: One of the goals of the Nellie Mae Education Foundation is to prepare all New England student for life after high school.
- Shaping Our Future Together: A website created as a hub for Vermont school remodeling efforts, building public understanding and support during this highly innovative time of change in our state's history.
- Vermont Agency of Education's Personalized Learning Plans page: When you get to this page there is a menu of Agency Resources, Practice, Academic Standards, Policy, Public Will and Planning for Personalization. Each menu option has an additional pull down menu of helpful website pages.
- Vermont Standards-based Learning Collective: This website is "a place for interested educators to come together to share resources, success, strategies, and challenges."
Other Helpful Documents:
Rutland City Public Schools Personal Learning Plan Handbook: Though Twinfield's PLP does not physically look the same as the Rutland schools, their handbook has some very clear and concise descriptions that were used in this website.